At Heart of the Lakes we know that your holiday is precious time for you, your family and friends and that’s why we want to make it as hassle free and safe as possible, giving you the peace of mind to sit back and enjoy. So, we’ve created a list of things you should consider before you arrive, whilst you are at the property and before you leave to come home.
REMEMBER CHECK IN TIMES ARE STRICTLY 5.00 PM AND DEPARTURE 9.00AM
If you or any of your party develop or have any symptoms of Covid-19 within 14 days of your holiday you must inform us at least 48 hours before you are due to depart. You will need to check your travel insurance regarding their cancellation guidelines.
Chances are your car has been sat on your driveway or limited to short journeys over the past few weeks. A full check of tyres, water oil etc. would be advisable before setting off on any long journeys. If you don’t already have roadside assistance this is another worthwhile consideration.
There are a few items that in the past wouldn’t have made your holiday essentials list, but we think it would be wise for you to consider packing the following items alongside your sun cream and your beach towels:
- Face Masks – especially if you are thinking about visiting any popular tourist attractions where the volume of people might make it difficult to social distance. These should be washed each day so you may need to think about packing a few if you are planning regular days out.
- Disposable Gloves – we’re thinking if you need to top the car up with fuel or use an electric vehicle charger en-route. Remember these should always be single use and disposed of after each interaction so for other activities hand sanitiser may be best.
- Hand Sanitiser – especially for when out and about where it may not be possible to wash your hands.
- Contactless card for payment and some cash to ensure you don’t have to visit an ATM
- Reusable coffee cup it is great for the environment and allows a takeaway while cafes are socially distancing.
- Picnic blanket. Again, you may wish to enjoy the delights of local cafes and restaurants with a takeaway while social distancing is in place.
- Tickets or online order numbers. If you are planning to visit a local attraction, you may need to book in advance while entrance numbers are reduced to allow social distancing. Please check before you leave and if possible book your slot in advance.
- Wind break or markers. If you are concerned, about social distancing at the beach then a wind break or similar may help guide small children to their “safe” zone.
- Small padding pool. If you have small children you may want to take a small inflatable pool for the garden or even to use at the lakeshore. This will help keep them cool and entertained while swimming pools remain closed.
- Card games, scavenger hunts and more. You may want to think about a few games to enjoy at your holiday home.
- First aid kit including Paracetamol
- Thermometer – to ensure you can check for a fever
- Food – If your local shops are busy at this time then the ones in smaller towns and tourist destinations are likely to be even busier. Many of the big supermarkets have more deliver slots opening up, particularly if you order in advance. When arranging key collection you could ask the owner about local farm shops, which may be offering deliveries too.
- Clothes detergent – consider whether you may want to wash items such as your face masks frequently whilst away
- Disinfectant Wipes - Sanitising cleaning products
- Handwash – Ensure you have enough for your party for your stay
- Bin Bags- although the property owner will leave you bin bags they will not necessarily know how much rubbish you will accumulate during your stay so best to be on the safe side.
With the additional cleaning requirements that our owners are undertaking your check in and check out times are as follows
Check in 5.00pm
Check out. 9.00am
Non-essential items removed
We are recommending to our owners that non-essential items which are difficult to clean are temporarily removed such as board games, computer consoles, surplus crockery, hair driers, welcome packs and guest books.
If you have paid for a parking permit these can be collected in the key safe at the Fisherbeck office.
If you, or any of your party become ill or display any symptoms of Covid -19 whilst you are at the property you should call us straightaway, this will allow us to liaise with the property owner or housekeeper
- Waste and Bins - Ensure all rubbish and waste is disposed of properly in secured bags and left in the location advised by the owner
Please ensure that the property is left in the same condition that you found it.
If your property has a dishwasher, please load this prior to leaving
Please strip all beds of bedding prior to leaving.
Adhere to social distancing regulations.