“Sykes were very good in coming out promptly to the cottage to try to sort problems.”
The facilities and comfort of this cottage would have scored top marks except for two things. Two very important things.....
1. There is no WiFi.... Agreed that this is not listed under the facilities, and therefore my mistake, but these days I would expect this as standard in all holiday let properties
2. The shower is almost useless, if you want a hot or even remotely warm wash. To get any power it has to be freezing cold. I had to have a bath in order to wash my hair as the power in shower is so bad the shampoo wouldn't rinse out!
The cottage is also in need of repair......
1. There was water leaking into the small bedroom by the window.... A lot of water
2. The balcony has several loose tiles (this has been marked off with tape) but still needs repaired. In the car port there was a piece of plaster board from the underside of balcony which has broken and leaves a hole. This may have been done to investigate the tiles above or may be the cause.
3. There is no lock on the bathroom door.
I think the owners need to spend some money getting this cottage up to the standard of the rest of The Falls properties. We have stayed in this development several times over the years and love the location. We would not return to Old Mill Cottage unless we were sure of these improvements.
Lastly, although advertised as no smoking, and even having been cleaned (supposedly deep cleaned due to covid) we found a dish full of cigarette ends in living room behind the tv. I assume people had been smoking on the balcony and hid the evidence!! It made the room smell awful!!! We don't blame Sykes for this as it was behind the curtain and behind tv and I wouldn't expect furniture to be moved that much. We only found it when looking for a router, to discover there wasn't one!!!!