Holiday Cottage Owners... You may already own a holiday home or are planning to take the exciting step into owning and letting your dream cottage in The Lake District and we want you to enjoy letting your property with Heart of the Lakes.
As the oldest established letting agency in The Lakes we offer a no-nonsense service to all our owners, many of whom have been with us for years and have recommended us to others. We understand how crucial it is to know the true facts before you start and to this end we ensure that our practical solutions will guide you through the finer points of setting up the perfect holiday home for you and your guests.
Recent comments from one of our many satisfied owners:
"Heart of the Lakes manage two properties for us in Ambleside. The staff are very helpful and always accessible. They take all the hassle out of operating a holiday cottage and deal with the 'little problems' that arise with any property from time to time. They are also able to access tradesmen easily and reliably when they are needed, which makes it much easier to ensure the properties are well maintained. The website and brochure operated by Heart of the Lakes are both high quality and attract lots of interest from visitors, thus helping to ensure high levels of bookings."
Our website and brochure are clear and factual with carefully taken photographs that present each property at its best. Descriptions are friendly, accurate and informative and we take great care to expertly sell a holiday in your home to the right customer. Customers can book with confidence knowing that they will have a holiday that meets their expectations and we have indeed had many comments from clients who really appreciate our honest approach and return to us year after year.
Our long standing and knowledgeable Heart of the Lakes team are dedicated to letting your property whilst our experienced Quality Services Manager is on hand to help and advise at any time. Once you are ready Julian will personally grade your property and award the appropriate star rating. You can be sure that you will be dealing with an agency that is truly committed to letting your property to its best potential.
If you like our philosophy why not read on, request an owners' information pack and make an appointment to meet us on an informal basis, either at our offices in Ambleside or Keswick, or at your property - advice is free, without obligation and readily given.
The first Holiday Cottage Company to achieve Quality Award ISO 9001.
Quality Management is integral to the way we run our business and we are proud to announce that we are the first and only agency in the UK to have achieved registration to the world class quality management system ISO 9001:2000 through the British Standards Institution, an internationally recognised standard that focuses on quality and service.
"The award assures our customers, cottage owners and visitors, of consistent and high levels of service throughout our organisation from holiday bookings to the daily management of our owners' investment properties."
Daily Telegraph Travel "...long established Heart of the Lakes tops the bill. The diversity of properties is impressive - everything from country houses to 'rucksack and boots' places; all 300 rentals are in the National Park and quality graded; rates include membership of a leisure club..."
Why you should choose Heart of the Lakes
- Founded in 1975 we are the oldest established cottage letting agency in the Lake District.
- We are a true family business and we live and work in the area we love.
- Based wholly in the National Park, our high profile and well-respected organisation exhibits a strong commitment to the local community through sponsorships of local events.
- We have offices in both Ambleside (open Monday - Saturday) and Keswick (open 7 days a week).
- We are the only holiday cottage company in the UK to achieve the quality award ISO9001.
- Our award winning website has over 2,500 photos, powerful search facility, real-time availability and secure booking.
- All properties in our portfolio are within the Lake District National Park.
- Commissions are fair and realistic - there are no hidden extras.
- With over 95% of the agency's bookings being for seven nights or more you can rely on year-to-year consolidation of income.
- A comprehensive mixture of PR, traditional advertising, online marketing, direct mail and e-messaging ensures successful promotion of your property in the UK and abroad all year round.
- Our friendly and well-trained staff have a genuine commitment to our owners and to customer service.
- Brochure entry and website entry is free. There are no registration fees.
- Our high quality, photo rich brochure is admired throughout the industry.
- Over 60% of bookings come from 'repeat or recommended' customers.
- We offer a bespoke letting and management service tailored to your requirements.
- We currently manage and let property valued at over £40 million.
- Expert advice on property renovation and refurbishment.
- Unrivalled quality and service from our housekeeping, cleaning and maintenance teams.
- As a non-property owning agency we have no conflicts of interest.
- We have won the prestigious Excellence in England Gold Award for Self-Catering Holiday of the Year and the Cumbria for Excellence Award - Self-Catering Holiday of the Year.
- We support conservation through our innovative 'opt out' voluntary levy scheme, which has, so far, raised over £100,000 for vital footpath repair in the Lake District.
Click here to request an owner pack.